Thursday 16 June 2011

The Best Dukan Dinner!!!!

I Felt like something exotic tonight.  Inspired by a recent trip to Wellington, I decided to see if I could adapt a genuine Ralph Brennan's Jambalaya to suit the Dukan Diet.  It turned out so very well that I thought I should share!

Cush's Smoky Jambalaya
Dukan Diet PV Day.
Serves 1
Diced capsicum (I used red yellow and green)
Diced red onion
crushed Garlic to taste (I used a teaspoon)
crushed chilli to taste (I used a teaspoon)
Diced smoked ham
Diced cooked chicken
Smoked salmon
Diced tomatoes
Cajun or Creole seasoning
Chicken stock (low salt)
Water

Dry fry the onions, garlic and chilli in a hot pan, cooking the onions till tender.
Add the capsicum and a drizzle of water.  Keep the pan with just a little water in it.
Add the meat, heat thoroughly.
Add the smoked salmon.
Add the diced tomatoes and spices, taking care not to burn the spices.  Add a little water if necessary.
Cook the tomatoes down, then add the chicken stock.
Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for 5 mins.

Serve piping hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment